Thursday, July 8, 2010

Beautiful, Soothing and at times Destructive

Well the I went to bed last night to the sound of rain. The sound of rain on the roof while I sleep brings back fond memories of growing up on our family farm. There is nothing more soothing than the sound of rain on a tin roof. I went to bed peaceful and woke up feeling good, until I walked the dog this morning. I walked out the back door and found this

Little pieces of wood next to the house in our side yard. I did not like the look of that, but some else had more pressing issues. After walking and feed my little buddy I went back outside to discover where the small pieces of wood had come from. That is when I saw this..





And this..




It rained so hard during the night that the boards over the stone wall at the side of the house separated completely, and rain blew inside the wall. This is the exterior wall for the dining room, upon first inspection it did not appear that water had come into the house. When I started looking closer I noticed that the carpet all along that wall is wet, very very wet. So now with more rain pending for today I wait to hear back from the landlord.

No comments:

Post a Comment